Successful Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) processing demands a high degree of workmanship and precision in both tool design and tool manufacturing. G & F Medical addresses the needs by:
- Working with experienced Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) tool makers in the US and Europe
- Engineering high quality tools for both low volume and high volume production
- Scrapless Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) cold runner technology at an affordable cost: in return customers receive high quality parts at much lower unit part cost.
- G & F Medical is fully competent to design and automate a molding operation.
- Customized fixture design
How cold runner technology can be beneficial in LSR molding:
- Direct injection reduces material waste in runners and sprues
- In multi-cavity tooling, material flow in each cavity can be balanced.
- Balanced fill in multi-cavity tools results in less cavity to cavity variation (e.g. functional and performance characteristics of molded parts)
- Less pressure drop in the runner system
- Easy to automate the molding operation
Benefits cited above deliver high yield, repeatability, greater consistency, quick cycle time and low cost production.