Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) Materials
LSR offers many benefits compared to other elastomeric materials in its class.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) is bio-inert material, suitable for medical and food-grade applications. Medical grade LSR materials are available to comply with ISO-10993, USP Class VI and RoHS standards.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) materials can be sterilized using ETO, Autoclave, E-beam and Gamma radiation processes.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) is very low in viscosity and can easily flow into the most complex molds (as thin as 0.005").
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) provides excellent stability over a wide range of temperatures (-150°F to 450°F).
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) has very low compression set and is well suited for compression sealing applications. The materials maintain their flexibility, resiliency, and ability to transmit mechanical force at both high and low temperatures.
- Self-bonding grade Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) materials are now commercially available. These materials can chemically adhere to selective plastic materials without any pre-treatment to promote the adhesion. A chemical bond can also be achieved to other substrates (e.g. metal) using primers.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) materials provide excellent electrical insulating qualities even under severe environmental stress such as extreme temperatures, moisture, UV, ozone and oil.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) products generally feel dry and non-tacky for comfort and feel. The mold cavities can be customized to achieve various surface textures on the parts.